- Career Counseling
- Country Selection
- Course Selection
- University Selection
- Admission Formalities
- Visa Guidance & Support
- Travel Arrangements
- Post-departure Services
Visa Information in USA
To schedule an appointment for US visa interview, log on to VFS website www.vfs-usa.co.in Helpline no for Visa Facilitation Service (VFS) for the Southern region: 044 - 4231-6767 VFS email address or inquiry is firstname.lastname@example.org
Visa Appointments & Visa Processing
There are two non-immigrant visa categories for persons wishing to study in the United States. The "F" visa is for pursuing academic studies and/or language training programs, and the "M" visa is for non-academic or vocational studies.
SEVIS : All students must pay this fee. SEVIS stands for Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) program and it requires schools and exchange programs to verify the enrolment status of all continuing and new foreign students and exchange visitors. However the visa cannot be issued until student SEVIS fee has been paid. All applicants applying with I-20 forms are required to provide the SEVIS I-901 fee receipt as proof of payment. Log on to www.ice.gov/sevis for further details.
Visa Appointment and Payment of Fee: To confirm a visa interview appointment online, students need to pay the following fees and obtain a Visa Fee Receipt from HDFC Bank. When going to HDFC Bank, students must carry a photocopy of the 1st page of their passport.
The fees payable at HDFC Bank per passport are
a) Visa Application Fee (MRV Fee): US $131 payable in INR equivalent at consular exchange rate. Visa Application Fee at current exchange rate (Rs. 54/-) is Rs. 7,074/-. This fee is payable in cash or by DD/HDFC Bank cheque favouring “US Embassy - Visa Fees”. DDs issued by cooperative banks are not accepted.
b) Service Charge: Rs.381/- which includes VFS’ service charge Rs366/- & Bank service charge Rs15/- (inclusive of Service Tax @ 12% and Education Cess Tax @0.36%) IMPORTANT: The fee receipt gets activated 2 working days from date of issue. Do not attempt to take an appointment till then.
Any of the above mentioned fees are not refundable. Students must appear for an Interview within 1 year (365 days) from the date you purchased your fee receipt from HDFC Bank. If students do not appear for an Interview within one year after the purchase of their fee receipt, it will no longer be valid. The receipt is deemed as utilized once the interview has taken place, and cannot be used to make a subsequent appointment.
Important: We recommend students mustcheck the appointment availability paying the visa application and service fee
The photo of each visa applicant must measure:
- 2 by 2 inches (roughly 50 mm square) with the head centered in the frame
- The head (measured from the top of the hair to the bottom of the chin) should measure between 1 inch to 1 3/8 inches (25 mm to 35 mm) with the eye level between 1 1/8 inch to 1 3/8 inches (28 mm and 35 mm) from the bottom of the photo
- The photo must be a full face view in which the visa applicant is facing the camera directly
- Head coverings and hats are only acceptable due to religious beliefs, and even then, may not cover any portion of the applicant's face
Documents for F1 (Student) Visa Applicant
- Photocopies of first page, address page and last page of the current passport
- One passport photograph
- Original DS-156, Non-immigrant visa application form
- Original DS-157, Supplementary non immigrant visa application form
- Original Form DS-158
- Original valid HDFC Bank visa fee receipt
- Copy of I-20, approved and signed by the University / Institute authority
- Proof of payment of SEVIS Fee Receipt I-901
- Original Passport
- Interview appointment letter
- SEVIS generated Form-I-20 in original , approved and signed by the University / Institute authority
- Evidence of financial resources : proof of liquid assets, sufficient to pay the entire first year tuition fee and living expenses as well as proof of readily available funds to cover remaining studies (Supporting documents: original bank records/statements, fixed deposit original + copy, original income tax returns and other proofs of employment or business)
- Original degree certificates with mark sheets
- Original Relevant test scores SAT or GRE or GMAT and TOEFL or IELTS
- Affidavit of support from sponsor (parents)
Notarised Form I-134 (Affidavit of support) if you are financially supported by an individual who is living in USA along